My Gripe with Facebook
“While you’re stabbing my back, you can kiss my ass too”, “Karma, what comes around goes around”, “Awkward Eye Contact with People in the Cars Next to You”, “I hate when I open my car door and snow falls on the seat”, “I responded to your text in two minutes, stop taking two hours to respond to mine”, “Become a fan if you’ve ever pushed a door that says pull”.
These are all Facebook groups / fan pages. May I ask what the significance is? I visited the above pages to find:
While you’re stabbing my back, you can kiss my ass too
4 of my friends are members of this group. You’re kidding me? Page creator lists in their “about” section something, of course, about Karma, and things coming around.
Karma, what comes around, goes around
Again, 4 friends of mine are in this group. Perhaps I should look to downsize?
Originally I wanted to explore some of these ridiculous pages, but after looking at two, there is absolutely nothing about these groups or pages that is interesting. I can not complete this project!
I guess, the moral of this story? To each his own. Hell, I play FarmVille. But with the Zynga apps and others, one who does not wish to play or have their news feeds littered can hide the app. Too bad I can’t hide annoying, irritating, useless Facebook pages.
Filed under: Internet Culture | 3 Comments
Tags: Annoying facebook posts, Facebook
- Amanda Lovell
- Evolution is Fact
- Let’s get together and watch ourselves prepare to create waste.
- Unbelievable Sun photos from space… Monster Solar Flares (dhun dhun DHUUN!!!)
- Will we ever see Space again?
- The Astroids Galaxy Tour is really rocking my world
- Super Rad Video
- Don’t get me wrong…
- Osama Bin Laden is Dead. Stop Cheering, Ask Questions.
- I’m certain we’re not alone
- Fringe is Clever Television, Snookie.
- Amanda Lovell
4chan 9/11 Alien Abduction Alien Encounters America Android Anna Torv annonymous Annoying facebook posts Apple Artifical Intelligence astronomy Barack Obama Big Bang carl sagan Carl Sagan Day Chris Poole Computation computer programming cosmos Dan Siegal-Gaskins dark energy dark matter Debby Herbenick PhD MPH Facebook Firefly Flash foursquare Fox Fringe Future Games Geek Government Ground Zero Mosque Horror internet Jasika Nicole Jason Rowe Jeri Ryan JJ Abrams John Noble Joshua Jackson Kepler Koran Burning Large Hadron Collider LHC meme MIT MMO Moot NASA Osama Bin Laden Oxygen Pale Blue Dot physics science Science Fiction scifi Skeptic Smart Television Snookie social media solar system space Star Trek Star Trek Online Taliban Tara C. Smith Technology The Fourth Kind Truth twitter UFO Universe
- Visit @RYAPublications on stand F42 at the @RYA @DinghyShow at Alexandra Palace this weekend, 4-5 March 2017! 3 weeks ago
- It's here at long last! The new edition of #RYA Yachtmaster Shorebased Notes has been delivered. Let @RYAPublications know what you think! 4 months ago
- @FrannyBenali This is my daughter Zoe ready for tomorrow's @SouthamptonFC game. It's true too - I saw your goal liv… twitter.com/i/web/status/7… 5 months ago
- Get the @RYA's new Racing Rules of Sailing 2017-2020 and the Handy Guide to the Racing Rules on our stand at the Southampton Boat Show! 6 months ago
- Advance copies of #RYA Racing for Yachts & Keelboats are in! If you want to get started in big-boat racing then this is a must-have book! 7 months ago
- Next week the long-awaited new edition of the #RYA Powerboat Handbook arrives! You lucky, lucky people... 8 months ago
- I'm off to the @LondonBookFair tomorrow. It's always a valuable and interesting trip! #RYA 11 months ago
- It's in! The new edition of G3 #RYA Start Sailing is here and looking terrific! Get your copy now or at the 2016 @DinghyShow this weekend. 1 year ago
- The 2016 #RYA @DinghyShow is next weekend! Come and visit the @RYAPublications stand and meet author @claudiamyatt - her books are great! 1 year ago
- The new edition of #RYA Start Sailing has gone to print! Look out for it at the 2016 @DinghyShow! 1 year ago